My Tools > Alerts > Alerts Management
Cloudyn Alerts allow you be notified of unplanned changes or events in your cloud accounts.
Alerts Management allows you to create alerts by defining the parameters and thresholds of preset alerts definitions.
Use Alerts Management to:
- View Alerts
- Activate Alert Definitions
- Duplicate Alerts
- Define alert parameters and thresholds
- Schedule Alerts
- Delete Alerts
Alerts Management Overview
Alerts Management provides a single location for configuring and viewing alerts.
Alerts can be filtered by Cost Controller, Asset Controller, RI Navigator
- You can use the search bar to search for a specific alert.
- Alerts that have this symbol displayed, are the most popular alerts.
- Newly available report alerts are marked with this symbol .
- Alert Definitions lists the name of the available alert.
- Actions allows you to turn the alert on or off.
- Use the pencil icon to set the parameters and definitions for the listed alert.
- Projected Cost vs. Threshold
- Month-to-Date Cost vs. Previous Period
- Month-to-Date Cost vs. Threshold
- Cost vs. Threshold
- Projected Cost vs. Previous Month
- Cost vs. Previous Period Cost
- Active Instances vs. Threshold
- Active Instances vs. Previous Period
- Untagged Instances
- Reservations about to Expire
- Active Instances vs. Threshold - QA
To view alerts:
- Go to My Tools, Alerts and then select My Alerts. A list of alerts scheduled is displayed.
- In Date Range, select the date of the alerts you want to review.
- In Filter, select the fields you want to display in the Alerts report. Options include:
- Tool, Name, Account Name, Service, Severity
- In Extended Filters, Limit, select the maximum number of rows to appear in the report.
- Use Show/Hide to show or hide fields in the report results.
Setting the Alert Definitions
When creating an alert, you can set parameters and alert definitions.
To set alert definitions:
- Set the type of notification to receive alerts:
- Weekly (alerts are scheduled to be sent every Monday)
- Monthly (alerts are scheduled for the 1st of every month)
- In Apply To, set the:
- In Priority, set the alert severity level.
- Check Send via Email, and select the recipient list to which the alert should be sent.
- To edit a recipient list, click on the link. See Recipient Lists.
- Select the lowest severity level that should be sent by email to the recipient list.
Duplicating an Alert
To duplicate an alert:
- In My Tools, Alerts, Alerts Management, select the pencil icon on the report you want to duplicate. The alert details are displayed.
- Click Duplicate. The Alert Duplicated Successfully message appears.
- In Title, type a name for the alert.
- Configure the alert according to your requirements.
- Click Save to save the alert.
Setting Alert Thresholds
Deleting an Alert
To delete an alert:
- In My Tools, Alerts, Alerts Management, select the pencil icon on the report you want to delete. The alert details are displayed.
- Click Delete.
Note: Admin rights are required to delete and alert.
Recipient lists are used for alerts and scheduled reports. Recipient lists are distribution lists. They can contain one or more email addresses. Recipients do not have to be Cloudyn users to be included in recipient lists. When adding recipient email addresses, separate them with a coma or semicolon.
With the correct permissions, you can add, modify and delete recipient lists.
To create a recipient list:
- From the main menu, click Settings and then select Recipient Lists. The Recipient Lists page is displayed.
- Click Add +. The Add new recipient dialog box is displayed:
- In Name, enter the name for the recipient list. It is recommended that you use a descriptive name.
- In Description, enter a description that will assist users in making a decision as to whether or not this recipient list is relevant for a specific report or alert.
- In Emails, enter the email addresses of the individual or groups should be included in this group. Emails should be separated by a semicolon, comma or tab. Remember, the recipients in this list will receive all reports and alerts that are scheduled for this recipient list.
- Click Yes.
To edit a recipient list:
- Click the pencil
- Edit the name, description or email list.
Click Yes to save your changes.