Optimizer > Inefficiencies > Unattached Disks
Unattached disks may be a source of wasted spend. Ideally all disks should be attached to active machines. The Unattached Disks report provides a list of service volumes that are not attached to active machines.
Use Unattached Disks to view the unattached disks that are available for use, but are not currently in use.
Unattached Disks Report Overview
The Unattached Disks report provides a list of unattached, available disks.
When available, select Tags to include in the report.
|Policy||Consolidated or standalone.|
|Account Name||The account or subscription name.|
Region the resource is hosted.
AWS isolated locations within a region.
The current state of the instance.
State - Available (unused), Running (in-use, available), Available (unattached), All
Limit - The maximum number of rows to include in the report.
Tip: Use Show/Hide Filters and Show/Hide Tags to add or remove fields or tags from the display.
Expand the line item to view:
|Unattached disks of a specific snapshot||The full list of all currently active disks of a specific snapshot. Click Zoom in to view the full report.|
|Disk Details||View the full volume details for the selected snapshot.|
|Active snapshots of a specific disk||
View the full list of active snapshots for a specific disk. Click Zoom in to view the full report.
Analyzing Unattached Disks
To analyze unattached disks:
1. [Optional]. Select a tag type to include in the report and filter to the relevant tags.
2. In Filter, select the filters to include in the report.
3. In Extended Filters, select the state of unattached disks and the maximum number of rows to include in the report.
4. In the line item that you want to analyze, click +.
- Expand Active Lists of a Specific Snapshot to view the bulk list of of active instances for the selected snapshot.
- Expand Disk Details to view the full volume details for the selected snapshot.
- Expand Active Snapshots of a Specific Disk to view the bulk list of all currently active Snapshots for a specific disk.
Deleting Unattached Disks
To delete unattached disks:
- In Unattached Disks report, expand the line item.
- Click Delete.
- Enter the required information and click Delete.
Note: To delete unattached disks the permissions (IAM user or IAM role; or access key) from the cloud provider is required. - read more about Cloudyn actions setup here