You can schedule a threshold alerts to notify you when you are reaching your budget.
To schedule a threshold alert:
- From the Actual Cost Analysis report, Actions, select Schedule Report. The Save or Schedule Report window is displayed.
- Go to the Save Details tab to name the report, create a URL for the report and add a description.
- Select Public Report to make this report available to others.
- Go to the Scheduling.
- In Send to, select the recipient of this report. If the recipient email does not appear in the list, you can add a new recipient.
- In Schedule, set the report schedule to Daily, Weekly or Monthly and select the time for the report to be sent.
- In Report format, select whether you want the report to be delivered as an email or as an Excel attachment to the email.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Threshold tab to select the threshold metric:
- Actual cost vs threshold - select this option if you want to see the threshold considering any one-time initial payment made. - The threshold is applied against the actual cost.
- Amortized cost vs threshold - select this option if you want to spread out the one-time fee into the monthly costs. - The threshold is applied against the amortized cost in which one time purchase costs are spread across the life of the purchased asset.
- Click Save.