Cost > Cost Management > Cost Allocation 360°
Before you begin to use cost allocation reports, you need to create the policies you want to use in Cost reports.
To create a policy:
- From Cost Managment, select Cost Allocation 360°.
- In Cost Allocation 360°, click Add +. The Add Cost Model window is displayed.
- In the Add Cost Model dialog box, give the policy a name and description.
- Click OK and begin customizing the cost policy.
- In the Accounts tab, select the relevant account(s) to be included in the policy. (You can select AWS and Azure accounts in the same policy.)
- In the Categorization tab, select the tag categories you want to include in the policy. These will be the tag categories available in the report.
- In the Uncategorized Resources tab, create the relevant allocation rules (policies) for uncategorized resources.
For AWS, if you do not have specific requirements, you can begin by creating two generic rules:
- Create your first rule by selecting all AWS except RDS and then select Proportional to Categorized EC2.
- Create the second rule for RDS and select Proportional to Categorized RDS.
For more information on Uncategorized Resources, see Assigning Rules to Uncategorized Resources.
- In AWS Reserved Instances tab, assign reservations to selected accounts or tag categories. (optional – For AWS customers only. AWS have the option of purchasing Reserved Instances for specific tag values such as a department, cost center and linked account).
- In Summary, review the new rule details in a single view.
- Click Save and Activate. The policy data is processed.
Note: Processing may take some time. Please allow a few hours for it to complete.
Next steps: Analyze cost allocation