Cost Allocation > Cost Allocation Analysis > Cost Analysis
To view costs by tags for a specific time frame:
- In Date Range, select the date range for the time frame you want to analyze.
- In Tags, select the tagged values you want to be included in the report and click Add + to add additional tags.
- In Groups, select the groups you want to be included in the report and click Add + to add additional groups.
Tip: If you are uncertain what to choose, you may want to see your groupings based on tag categories.
- In Filter, use the dropdown menus to refine the fields in the results to specific items within each group, or select Show all to view all of the results for the group.
- Use Extended Filters to define the criteria for the results displayed in the report:
- Cost Model - Select the Cost Model you would like to use. These are the policies you created in the Cost Allocation 360° Manager.
- Amortization - Select whether you want to see the actual cost or the amortized cost.
Note: If you have a one-time fee, you can see it spread out over the life of the assets.
- Allocation Rules - If you want to see tagging without the Cloudyn cost allocation policies applied, (RDS, EC2, EBS) select Disable.
- Uncategorized costs can be shown or hidden.
- If desired, change the order of the report results. To do this, drag the section in the left pane to the desired location.
- Select the display type. Different visual displays provide alternate options for viewing results. Options include: Column, Pie, Sunburst or Table. For more information on display types, see Cost Analysis View Options.
- [In Column Chart] select or deselect Stacked if desired.
- [In Table View] select Show Subtotals to show the subtotals.
- [In Pie Chart] Set the threshold by entering the threshold in View Threshold.
- In Service, select Show All to see all services that are running.
Note: If you are using a chart other than a table, switch to table to sort by size to view the list of running services and their total costs.