Cost > Cost Management > Custom Charges
You can create custom service charges to reflect services that are not typically displayed in the billing. These charges will be available in Cost reports.
Note: Custom charges are not custom pricing. This does not show the different rates that you may be charging. For example, AWS billing charges are displayed as they are charged by AWS.
Custom service charges can be created to reflect services that are not typically displayed in the billing. The custom service charges adding here are displayed in cost reports.
To create a custom charges:
- In Custom Charges, click Add New. The Add New Custom Charge dialog box is displayed.
- In Provider Name, enter the name of the provider.
- In Service Name, enter the type of service.
- In Description, add a description for the custom charge.
- In Type, enter the select Percentage and then in Services dropdown, select the services to include as custom charges in the cost reports.
- In Payment, select if the charge is a One-Time Fee or Recurring Fee. If the charge is a Recurring Fee, select Amortized if you want the charge to be amortized and select the number of months.
- In Dates, (if one time fee is selected), in Effective Date, enter the date the charge is paid. (If Recurring Fee is selected), enter the date range including start date and the end date for the charge.
- In the Entities tree, select the entities for which to apply the charge and select ON.
Note: The entities that are set to the descendants in the tree, the user will not be able to change it. Charges that were added by the administrator to a parent entity are read only.
To view custom charges:
Custom charges are used in Cost reports. For example, from Actual Cost Analysis report, in Extended Filters, select Standalone. Filter to show Custom Charges.